Monday, November 19, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Art Journal Page by Asmah


Hello friends and a happy Monday! I am super excited to share a step-by-step mixed media art journal tutorial on this day with you, that I hope you will enjoy. I used stencil and stamp products from STAMPlorations and very basic art supplies, so let me show you how easily this artwork can be created in an hour or so.




I primed the pages with white gesso using brush and let dry for a minute or two.



Then I used Tribal Swirls stencil to create random patterns on both sides of the pages with modeling paste.



Next step was coloring process. I used deco art paint to start coloring in the center and spritzed it water from spray bottle and blended with a baby wipe. 





I decided on Framed Oriole stamp to be featured in my project but...



...I only wanted the bird on the corner page so I made stamping easier by covering part of the stamp with masking tape leaving the bird image for stamping. You can make a mask however but I came up with this idea when my eyes saw the masking tape sitting on the table so why not!



Ta-da...once done, I highlighted the birdie with black gel pen and blend in water using aqua brush pen for natural coloring.



Using the same Tribal Swirls stencil, I decided on adding random pattern in the center page for composition by dabbing black gesso with finger.







For extra fun stamping, I used a strip of design from Artsy Border Maker stamp set and randomly stamp it down near the stenciled pattern.



To finish my art journal, I added two motivational quotes by stamping down Trendy Birds 2 sentiments with versafine black ink. 



Lastly, I thought a touch of red and black splatter over the page and edges would complete my art journal thoroughly so I make way for them feeling satisfied. But however, I wanted to add a little bit more so it has my signature style by doodling over the stenciled patterns with white gel pen.


I hope this project has inspired you to try the techniques applied in your art work. I wish you the best and have fun creating.


Hugs and smiles,



STAMPlorations products used:
      

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)