Friday, November 16, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Seasonal Leaf Tags by MariLynn



I have a seasonal mixed media technique to share with you. I played around with a gelli plate.



Last time I shared a tutorial I just put the paint on the gelli plate and since then I have figured out that if I put the paint onto a piece of parchment paper first it helps me control the amount of paint I put on the plate.



I ran over the paint on the parchment paper.



Then rolled onto the gelli plate.



Here is the seasonal part, I put some leaves on the plate. 



This is what it looked like when I pulled up the leaves.



I placed 2 sheets of cardstock on the plate. One for printing on and one for cleaning the brayer.



This is what the top cardstock looked like when I cleaned the brayer on it.



This is how the leaf print turned out. 



The reason I like to have the "cleaned off" cardstock is that it coordinates with the print since you used the same colors. I took the "cleaned off" cardstock and used Leaves 1 stencil with texture paste.



Doesn't that look really pretty?




I looked at the colors on the tags and picked two markers to outline the tags.



I used black stazon ink and sentiment from Pocket Blooms. I also cut a rectangle of cheesecloth.



I made a cheesecloth sandwich and added twine at the top.



A double tag and a single tag from 2 pieces of cardstock. I hope that you are inspired to create.

7 comments:

  1. Turned out fab! Love to use the gelly plate and use the second piece of cardstock or paper too as a clean off - awesome work TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags, MariLynn. Thanks for sharing them and the tutorial. It has so many helpful tips that I truly appreciate. What a great idea to use the leaves to create the pattern on your gelli plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags! Love the colors and stencil and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing. Thanks for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what MariLynn has done here. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)