Wednesday, March 13, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Shows Four Ways With Bloomful


Hello peeps!  I've been playing with that fabulous large stamp from the Bloomful set, which is the current STAMP Club set.

  

  


I love the large mandala/doily partial image so I concentrated on that. For my first card I simply stamped it then sponged Distress Inks vaguely in the shape of the pattern, using Shabby Shutters around the outer edge of the image. Then I splattered some Scattered Straw onto the background whilst shading the image with my hand. The sentiment is from Country Rustic.



I had this piece of background in my stash, so I simply stamped the image twice with Memories Soft Leaf ink for a delicate filigree look. The sentiment is from Newlyweds.


I went a little brighter with this one! I sponged Distress Oxides onto a card panel then spritzed the stamp with water, stamped it onto the panel and let it sit for a minute before lifting off to create a ghosting effect. The flower is Helenium Large and the sentiment is from Balloons And Banners.


This final card also uses a background piece I found in my stash. I'd used the Bubbles stencil to watermark onto watercolour paper, then sponged with Broken China. I stamped the image over the bottom portion then did some partial colouring with blues. The sentiment is from Balloons And Banners.

I hope I've given you some inspiration on using larger stamps in different ways. If you're shopping, don't forget to use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY for 20% off stamps, dies and stencils.

Bloomful
Country Rustic 
Newlyweds
Balloons and Banners
Helenium - Large
Bubbles - ARTplorations Stencil

5 comments:

  1. Amazing work - Inspiring and all creations are so fabulous Shirley - I like the pink one with the ghosting effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! I love your style. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)