Wednesday, July 24, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Gets Krafty


Hello peeps!  I'm on a kraft kick at the moment, inspired by some Pinterest browsing.



There were two different ideas I wanted to try out: kraft/white/black combo, and adding opaque dots/circles in a confetti style.


I stamped images from Party Dresses onto kraft card, then used Picket Fence Distress Marker to add highlights.


I stamped dots using the small berry stamp from Layered Holly with Picket Fence ink, which doesn't dry as opaque as they brush marker, but I added white pen highlights to change the dots into bubbles, which you can see on the finished card.


The sentiment is from Baa Baa, and the shadow on the floor is from Mixed Media Grunge.  I just added a touch of grey Tombow marker to add shading.  Reminds me of art classes using contĂ© crayon.

So for my next trick, I wanted to try out the confetti technique.  I stamped the dots in a confetti-burst fashion, as though it was exploding from the Birthday Wishes die cut.


I didn't quite get the effect that I wanted - I thought the dots looked a bit flat.  So out came the trusty white pen, which works brilliantly over Oxides.  I added a little highlighting on each dot, and suddenly they were bubbles.  You can see the before and after on the half-done picture.


And here's what it looked like all finished.


For this next card I stamped dots all over the card in a random fashion around the Celebrate Big die cut, using a masculine colour theme.  Again, they looked flat but the white pen came to the rescue again.


Again, the dots looked flat but the white pen came to the rescue again.  Here's a halfway-though shot.


And the finished card:


If it's too hot to craft where you are, why not try a bit of retail therapy instead?  There are some great sales in the store, and if you use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY you'll get a further 20% off.

Party Dresses
Baa Baa

Layered Holly 

Birthday Wishes
Celebrate Big

10 comments:

  1. Love these! The white accents really add so much. Love they especially bring life to those colored dots!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful cards and I always like to see cards made with kraft card stock. I think it is so beautiful when used for them. And, I love the little dots with your white gel pen highlights. I often use my gel or paint pen in much the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards look so
    pretty and love the
    white pen details.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the dots to bubbles transformation, but the one that really catches my eye is the first one with the white bubbles.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are awesome! The white highlights make such a difference, amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet cards - LOVE how you made the bubble with the little touch of white highlight - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)