Thursday, October 10, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Maria Masks, Blends, Ghosts And Stamps A CAS Card


Hello there STAMP friends! For today's Spotlight project I had some fun with Distress Oxides to create a one layer CAS card that packs a punch. Meet my card.




STEP 1
Gather supplies - Neenah cardstock, Distress Oxides, Trendy Leaves 2 and Words of Gratitude stamps. I also used makeup brushes to apply the inks and painter's tape to mask the CS.


STEP 2
I taped my card base to the mat as well as masking off the area to be inked using the lines on the grid which I can see underneath the mat to be sure my lines would be straight. TIP: Pounce the tape a couple times on your jeans or arm to reduce the tackiness before adhering it to the CS. Also rub the inside edge well to ensure crisp edges.


STEP 3
Blend Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin and Candied Apple oxides. For tips on blending oxides, check out Kristina W. video.



STEP 4
Create a "water ink pad" by dampening a few sheets of toilet paper on a plate to "ink" your stamps with to do some ghosting. Let the wet stamp sit on the inked BG for 10-15 seconds. TIP: To prevent seepage, carefully dab the water off the tape when you lift up your stamp. Admire your ghosted BG.




STEP 5
Stamp the images again randomly, this time using the Oxides - orange onto the yellow area, red onto the orange and red areas.


STEP 6
TIP: To prevent tearing the CS, when removing the tape pull it slowly at a 45 degree angle.


Not wanting to add any additional layers to my card, I opted to heat emboss the sentiment. In gold.



It's fun. And one layer! Hope you give masking, blending, ghosting and stamping a CAS card a try. 

Should you find yourself placing an order anytime soon, I'd love it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off! 


4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)