Hi, everyone. It's Monika back again with some more stencil spotlights. So glad you enjoyed making your own scented embossing paste from my spotlight project a couple of weeks back. I really enjoyed reading your comments.
- First I created the backgrounds by swiping a turquoise ink pad over my craft mat, spritzing some water on it, and taking a print which I left to dry.
- Once dry, I repeated step one with pink/teal coloured ink and allowed fro more drying time.
- Next I blended the edges of both pieces with teal ink and attached them securely to my stencils.
- I loaded a piece of blending foam with a little Flitter Glu and dabbed it over my stencils covering the whole of the Bold Florals and part of the Oh My Stars!
- I removed the stencils and sprinkled Mega Flake over my pieces of card making sure that all the sticky bits were covered before rubbing off the excess flakes.
- I roughly traced the outline of the Bold Florals using a black fine liner pen to give my blooms more definition.
- I stamped my sentiment from the Bloom Sketches set twice in teal on a strip of white card and cut to size. I love the Happy Everything sentiment. It is so versatile in its use for birthdays ... anniversaries ... thinking of you, etc.
- I layered my cards as shown using foam dots on my star card and adding a tiny heart on my florals card.
TIP! I found that layering my panels on a white base card made the silver stand out more.
As always there is a little video showing you how to apply the glue and flakes.
Bold Florals and Oh My Stars! are just two of several new ARTplorations stencils offered exclusively through STAMPlorations. When you sign up for the STAMPlorations stamp club, your package includes your choice of any 2 stencils ($10 value) in addition to the featured 5" by 7" stamp set. The club offers lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set like Trendy Butterflies sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and free worldwide shipping. For more info and to sign up, click here.
Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for March. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on April 1!