Wednesday, March 04, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Shirley's Inspired by Pablo Picasso



Hi peeps, I'm back with another 'Inspired By', and this week I'm inspired by Pablo Picasso. This painting, Mediterranean Landscape, was painted in 1953.



I was struck by the colourful, sun drenched house, the blue sky and sea, and by the foreground of gardens. And this is what I came up with:



I started off by stamping and colouring The Bee's Knees Houses and drawing a shoreline and horizon and colouring in the sea.



Then I added the crazy paving lines for the foreground.



I coloured in the sky and the foreground.



Added some vegetation in the gardens.



Then I added some highlighting with white pen around the windows and doors and on the flowers. I didn't have any room for a boat, but I had room for a palm tree, which I just drew in.



Here's a look at the finished card again. The sentiment is made from Sentiment Builders: Love and Sentiment Builders: Happy.



Back next week with another Inspired By. Bring your sunglasses!


Supplies Shirley used in today's project:

    


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for March. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on April 1!

22 comments:

  1. Shirley, this card is so fun!! Love the colors you have used as it gives it a modern picasso feel. The sidewalks are so clever. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing the photos of every step on the way. It's fun to see someone's process. The card is so bright and fun, just like the painting that inspired it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your inspired by posts each week Shirley and this one is no exception. Love the hot sunny colours and fab composition of your fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I enjoyed seeing how this gorgeous card developed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool inspiration, and an equally cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh my.. WOW is such an understatement for this.. this looks and is just amazing.. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Love your take on Picasso's "Source" ! You continue to amaze and inspire me with your colors, watercoloring and hand drawn additions to your creative cards. TFS Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! Great take on Picasso ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You continuous amazed me with your stunning creations! love your water coloring and hand drawn sky and foreground, AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card Shirley!! LOVED it! :)
    Cheers!
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite impressive!!! Looks like a masterpiece of art all on.its own!! So very well done and so artistic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "amazing" seems to be an inadequate word for your masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is just amazing! love the colors you've used, the details in the garden and around the windows. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great card - love the houses and the colors.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my! What a fabulous card -- you are a true artist, Shirley!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHIRLEY
    woooowww wooowww woooww speechless
    crazy you made it looks like a real painted from Pablo Picasso
    STUUNNNNIIING I love your card Shirley...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, fabtastic card. Love the bright colours and the crazy foreground. If it needs a new home, I'm your girl. You inspire me to painty madness. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. For gosh sake's, Shirley, you're a 'Picasso' in your own right! Phenomenal artistry here and yes, I'm experiencing jaw-dropping awe in seeing this card! The houses are delights, the background charming, and the foreground...with the little gardens...eeeee! Simply sensational!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shirley...I just love how you've been using Artists to inspire you work, you're an inspiration to all of us too [- I love your Picasso card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love this card. The image is one of my favorites, and I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)