Tuesday, March 03, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Likes Gold!



Hi, everyone! Cornelia here today.

I have a feeling that gold is going to be the next rage in card making and I thought I'll jump on that bandwagon with the schtuff I have in my stash....



Materials first: Washi tape, Sentiment Builders: Celebrate, Vignette: Artful Flutters

I started with a piece of white card stock and positioned the stamp where I wanted it to be. Marked that with pencil and cut the card stock into two pieces...



...minus the size of the stamp. I then positioned the card stock pieces on a second piece of card stock and again marked that with pencil.



Wiped the paper with my embossing buddy and heat embossed the sentiment in gold. Erased the pencil marks.



Taped washi tape at the edges.


Took a scrap piece of acetate (packaging material - upcycled....), wiped it with the embossing buddy, and heat embossed the butterfly on it. Now I had no idea if it would work, but you see it did. The plastic warps a bit , but if you heat emboss it against a flat surface, it's not too bad and you can also mold it as long as it is still hot.



I fussy cut the butterfly and put foam tape on the back of my two panels.



Put it all together (I used glossy accents to glue down the butterfly) - here is another look:




I hope you liked that - see you in two weeks!


Stamps Cornelia used in today's project:

  


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for March. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on April 1!

20 comments:

  1. definitiv Gold ist das neue "was auch immer war"
    Cornelia deine Karte ist traumhaft schön
    klasse finde ich das es mit dem embossen beim Schmettie geklappt hat
    LG hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful Cornelia....I used gold yesterday - must be ahead of the game lol! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, elegant card. I love gold and you have done a fantastic job using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the butterfly came out. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did here, Cornelia! Loving all that gold and that butterfly turned out super cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cornelia, this absolutely stunning, I really want tot CASE this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love the gold and the butterfly turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it Cornelia!! I wana try this for sure! :D
    Cheers!
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,Elegant n Rich !! loved the butterfly most :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The butterfly is stunning in gold, a cool creation in gold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning. I love your gold embossing and that butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The butterfly is lovely and even better that it's upcycled. I'll have a go at this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card wins the gold medal! Looks stunning! Learned something new again - embossing on acetate! Would have never thought that possible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh bling. Love it. I used a lot of gold on a card the other day. Don't say I'm getting trendy in my oldish age. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty!! I am loving all the fun gold elements on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That gold on this card is stunning and this card just made me exclaim WOW!!!! Love the trend of all the gold out there!!! So gorgeous and eye-catching on cards!! Thanks for sharing your tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent tutorial - will have to put this technique on my to do list. Thanks for sharing Cornelia, nice card

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)