Thursday, March 26, 2015

{Spotlight Project} More of Blossom Overture with Deepti!



Hello, friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am showcasing a fun technique to add more interest to your design! Cutting up the designed panel, I have done this before too (Click HERE to see) and today I will show a tutorial on another design but with the same concept.

So, here's a look at the finished card:



STEP 1
I started out by getting my card base and two panels ready by cutting them to size, a water color panel and a black card stock to go underneath it. I also stamped and cut out the mask of the rose from the Blossom Overture.




STEP 2
I then stamped my first rose in the corner. Then by masking and stamping the image 3 more times, I created the design for my panel. I did a second generation stamping of black ink to keep the outline colors muted.




STEP 3
I colored the roses with some Distress inks for my watercoloring to give the effect of black and white and colored images as you move your eye across the panel.




STEP 4
After coloring the panel, I stamped the sentiment and cut the panel twice into 3 panels. I then adhered each panel on black card stock, leaving a minute distance. I also varied the thickness of the black showing through the panels. I felt that my roses were not as dark as I wanted them to be, so I went over them with another coat of watercolors :)



Here's the finished card once again :)



That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy crafting!


Stamps Deepti used in today's project:

   


Blossom Overture is the February/March 2015 set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and choice of 2 ARTplorations stencils ($10 value) in every stamp club package mailed out to subscribers! For more info and to sign up, click here.


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for March. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on April 1!

27 comments:

  1. Such an eye-catching card, Deepti, showcasing this lovely rose! Cutting the panel, paired with your selective water-colouring adds such impact! Gorgeous!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, brilliant design. You inspired me to have a go - hope you don't mind but I've CASEd your design.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be more than excited to see how you CASE my card :) thank you Elaine :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card. Masking is such a wonderful technique; I need to use it more often

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Absolutely gorgeous work of art!!! The roses look great with your coloring technique! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the colour fades to the edge and how you cut the panel. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Deepti! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to cut it apart and put it back together! Fab card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done Deepti!! Your coloring on the roses is stunning and I love the thin black line separating your panels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tutorial on this gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely technique! Love the transition from colour to B&W!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous color combination and beautiful technique, Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, lovely creation...

    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in
    regards sharada

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its Beautiful card and wonderful Technique !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing card, Deepti! I love the way you used the colors here. The panels add so much interest. Great design and technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deepti always makes something that's a treat for my soul. Just fabulous design work and amazing coloring. This card is no exception. Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous shading and stunning card! Just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Deepti...beautiful 'muted' colours

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a creat effect... think this (with the black background) will be match also perfect for a sympathy card.
    Thanks a bunch for the inspiration
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am crazy about this design and color effect Deepti. I need a beautiful get well card right now, so hope you don't mind me CASing this one of yours. Well, I have to use another flower, so not totally the same. Looks like you added the background colors AFTER you painted your flowers...you didn't say, but I will do it that way. Thanks so much for this GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! Thank you so much and I am more than excited to see how you CASE my card :) the BG was done simultaneously while painting the flowers :) but the roses have multiple layers of colors and shading !

      Delete
  20. This is beautiful. I love the technique of adding color to only some of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So awesome and thoroughly amazing!! Love that this card just oozes with style and elegance!! Well done and I am going to give this idea a try - you have just amazed me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)