Tuesday, March 10, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Vicki Goes Back to the Basics with CityGirl

***For DAY 3 of the ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop, click here.***



Hi, all! Vicki here. I went back to the basics today. Lately, I have been seeing black and white backgrounds, with a pop of color out here in blogland. I have to say, it really appeals to me.


Out comes The Bee's Knees CityGirl. She is so classy, and can't she carry off all that luscious color? :)



I laid out the houses and stamped with black ink. Rather than stamping the houses individually, I used my MISTI. [If you don't know about this tool, I highly recommend you Google it.]



Next I stamped CityGirl and colored her. I went as bright as I could - I adore bright! This time I even colored in some stylin' boots. [I have more fun with this image.]



That's it! Stamp on a sentiment, add dimensions, and adhere CityGirl on to the card, and it's done!The pop of color makes me so happy.



See you next time!



Stamps Vicki used in today's project:

  

Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for March. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on April 1!

17 comments:

  1. The pop of color makes me so happy too... great inspiration from you - TFS
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the background but the City Girl just pops! Very nice card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really classy Vicki, great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Love the spare background. She really pops. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes she is just the classiest girl Vicki and you've dressed we beautifully for her stroll round town. Great sets of stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that look too, Vicki - the black and white with a pop of color. What a fabulous use of the technique you have made here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card! The pop of colour on the lady looks fabulous with this background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative and inventive with this stamp. Out of this world, brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bright outfit really pops with the black/white houses background Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the focused color, so nice! The MISTI tool looks so cool! Thanks for sharing!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Vicki, does your City Girl ever POP! Love the bright colors for the foreground and the lined images not colored in the background! So Classy. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicki, your card is AMAZING! I've been considering getting the City Girl set...now I HAVE to!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classy and stylish in every way, Vicki!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is fabulous is this CARD!!! It is amazingly cool and chic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)