Hello there, everyone, it´s Sanna here again today with a scrapbook layout tutorial and a video start-to-finish. I thought I´d create a scrapbook layout this time for a change. This is the layout I created using various ARTplorations stencils:
Here is how I created the layout:
1. Take a piece of residue paper and a piece of white cardstock, some acrylic paints in your favorite colours and a small Gelli plate and a brayer.
2. Add a few drops (very little paint goes a long way here!) of acrylic paint onto the Gelli plate, spread onto the surface with a brayer. See the video on more details!
3. Press the Gelli plate surface onto the cardstock and press lightly. Remove plate and you have a lovely paint press image on the paper.
4. Change the color and apply the paint like explained in the steps before. Next place a stencil over the acrylic paint area and roll over gently with the brayer. Next remove the stencil and press the image onto the cardstock piece. This time you will see a pattern in the finished image. Repeat and experiment with various colours and stencil patterns.
5. Take a patterned paper and the "X marks the Spot" stencil and start applying some modeling paste onto the background thru the stencil with a palette knife. Let dry.
6. Cut the Gelli Plate images into triangles in various sizes. Arrange onto the background, take a photo with your mobile phone to make sure you don´t forget the order. Remove the triangles and apply spray ink splatters onto the background. Let dry.
7. Take "Trendy Feathers 2" clear stamp set and stamp words onto the background with a gray and black stamp ink very randomly. Stamp more words and a sentiment onto white paper and fussy cut the pieces along the edges. Now adhere the triangles back to the patterned paper surface, add more stamping onto the background, if necessary.
8. Apply some modeling paste with the same "X marks the Spot" stencil over the triangles for a fun detail. Let dry.
9. Embellish with stickers, wood veneer, puffy stickers and add a alpha sticker title. Adhere the fussy cut words onto the background with the photos. Add a date stamp and write the journaling for the page.
10. Finally add some black texture splatters here and there for additional detail.
Here is the video for more details and step-by-step. All used products are listed on the video. Hope you enjoy!
I hope you get inspired to try out your own gel press, stenciled images and maybe even a fun scrapbook layout with them! Have fun!
ARTplorations stencil - X marks the Spot
ARTplorations stencil - Hidden Hearts
ARTplorations stencil - Broken Glass
ARTplorations stencil - Plaid Maker
STAMPlorations clear stamp set - Trendy Feathers 2