Friday, April 28, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Shabby Chic Bird Tags by Amy


Good afternoon everyone, Amy here, with a little Shabby Chic Bird tag for y'all using ARTplorations Bubble Dance and Weaving Stencils along with Trendy Birds 2 Stamp Set. 

I started with two tags cut from medium weight Chipboard and adhered strips of patterned paper on them using Matte Medium. I applied clear Gesso and then sanded down the edges. 

Apply texture paste thru the Weaving and Bubble Dance Stencils with a palette knife. Once dry, apply distress paints. I used Antique Linen mixed with Spun Sugar and Broken China.

Emboss some flourish die cuts with Versamark and Embossing Enamels and set aside. Stamp and emboss sentiments from Trendy Birds 2 Stamp set onto kraft mini tags.


Assemble your tags. :) I used flowers and a corrugated shabby birds from Michaels and adhered it all with my glue gun to. I then attached the mini tags with heavy twine and cute little bird charms finished off the tags.

Here's a closer look at the tags:



I sure hope I’ve inspired you to get crafty today and hope you’ll join me again next time.

Products used:
http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Weaving-ARTplorations-Stencil-P5593094.aspx
http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Bubble-Dance-ARTplorations-Stencil-P5590372.aspx

http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Trendy-Birds-2-Shery-Russ-Designs-P5617747.aspx

Other Products used: Chipboard, Design Papers, Distress Paints, Texture Paste, Die Cuts, Embossing Enamel/Powders, Versamark, Sand Paper/ Paper Distresser, Glue Gun, Bird and Flower Embellishments, Metal Charms and Twine.

5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)