Wednesday, April 12, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Monika Embosses With Die Cuts



Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today showing you how to get more out of your CUTplorations dies. I picked up the Trendy Spring Blooms Dies and a few other bits to create these two cards:





Here is how I made them:


  • cut the blooms from strong card, I used the one Shery uses for packaging


  • use one complete flower and one outline flower and layer them up



  • pick up a rubber embossing mat, add your piece of card face down and place the flowers upside down on top
  • sandwich according to instructions for your die cutting machine; I was working with the Big Shot and sandwiched my layer between my cutting plates to go directly on the platform, depending on mat and die cutting machine this can vary 


  • after being passed through my Big Shot, this was my trial result on a plain piece of white card



  • to make my cards, I die cut two squares from a brusho background and created my sandwich as above using the top flower as a single die cut and the bottom flower layered as above


  • this is what the reverse looked like after being passed through my machine


  • this is what the front looked like


  • I inked up my brayer and lightly rolled it over the embossed flower


  • to finish my first card, I stamped some splatters and sentiment, added my topper and doodled border and as finishing touch added a small die cut flower and sequin to the cente


  • to finish my second card, I layered my topper on my base card, stamped the sentiment and finished off with a contrasting sequin



That's it from me for today. If you feel inspired to do some embossing using your die cut shapes, why not link your make up with our Spotlight Project Showcase. We love to see your makes.

Have a lovely Easter!

hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used:

preview-trendyspringbloomsdies SheryRuss_Scribbly Splattery Grunge-preview 

BloomSketches.jpeg preview-Tweet Love

8 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)