Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Introducing the New Mixed Media Design Team Members

Once again, I'd like to thank those who responded to the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team call I put out in May. I received 30+ applications and just like all my previous calls, it was no easy task to pick the design team members.

Without further ado, here are our newest mixed media design team members. They're incredibly talented and their audition projects were impressive. They officially start their term in July and they'll be joining Asmah, Carol, Tanja, and Susanne, who are continuing for another term. Irit and Kim J. are moving on, while Lee-Anne is taking a much needed break from blogging.

AMY
"Hi, my name is Amy from http://lilcutiecreations.blogspot.ca and I'm super excited to be a DT Member for STAMPlorations & ARTplorations Mixed Media Design Team & working with these amazing gals and products! I live in beautiful Victoria, B.C. Canada, with my family and dog, Bubbaganoush (Yep, he's as cute as his name suggests! lol ). I have been crafting for several years, but it wasn't until May 2013 that I discovered the wonderful world of craft challenges and blogging - and I've been hooked ever since! I love all things crafty: Stamping, Journaling, Tags, ATC's, Mixed Media, Altered Art... the list goes on and on. I look forward to getting crafty with you!"


LYNNE
"How do you describe yourself in one paragraph or less when the facts are so dry and “factual” and you are so NOT? But here goes, these are the facts: I am a fifty-something grandmother, married to my soul mate for these past 19 years, living in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in Creston, British Columbia, Canada where we are living the early-retirement dream on one acre of incredibly fertile land surrounded by apple and cherry trees. I am a fun-loving, effervescent personality with an artist’s soul but an accountant’s brain and I constantly feel like I live with two completely opposite personalities in the same body (good thing it’s BIG enough! Grin). I love people, love to laugh and LOVE sharing my creativity especially with people who say, “I could NEVER do that.” I am known as the “Idea Girl” and I have a reputation for taking everyday items and doing unique and unusual things with them. I think I have a very eclectic style, but I seem to be getting a reputation for brightly colored works that make you happy to look at. My eyes are blue, my hair is curly and the REST is subject to change without notice!"


MARILYNN
"Hi, my name is MariLynn. I have been crafting in some form or fashion most of my life. I get great enjoyment taking materials and changing them into something beautiful. If I had to describe my artistic style I would say that I have an eclectic, vintage, romantic, mixed media style. I live in southern Iowa with my husband of 25 years and my two youngest children and I’m blessed that my daughters and their husbands live only a few hours away. I have a degree in elementary education but life and circumstances have me not working in a classroom, but running a small trucking company with my husband. My desire to teach, however, lives on with my crafting. I love learning new techniques and sharing them on my blog. I am excited to be part of this amazing Design Team, and I hope that you are inspired by my creations."


MELISSA
"Hi! I’m Melissa Dawn Lane, Jesus follower. I'm a military wife of 22 years to my best friend, Chris. My husband and I are from Lincoln, Maine. We were high school sweethearts and have 4 children whom we homeschool. My parents are talented artists/crafters who love gardening and the beauty of creation. So, I grew up surrounded by a wonderful variety and of arts & crafts and a great appreciation for nature. Since 1995, my husband and I have lived in 10 different ‘permanent’ duty stations. I've enjoyed gardening, photographing, cooking and making many houses into homes during that time. In 2012, my friend, Cindy, introduced me to card-making. I’m so glad she did! She opened a door into a new creative world that has enriched my life. I love creating, whether it is a super CAS one-layer card, or something messy and mixed media, I enjoy it all. I’m incredibly happy to be part of the STAMPLorations/ARTplorations Mixed Media Team. I look forward to the many messy and artsy adventures ahead!"


SANNA
"Hi, my name is Sanna and I´m a Finnish girl living in Austria. I'm a mom to two teenage boys and four cute bunnies. I have been crafting for over 10 years now and I am totally addicted to creating. I like to create OTP projects, ATCs, cards, canvases, layouts, and art journal pages just to name a few. I love stencils and stamps, media and color, and I get excited about new products and techniques. I don't have a special style I like the most, but I've been told that my work has a touch of modern retro to it. I love this hobby and interacting with like-minded people, sharing my ideas, and learning from others. I'm very excited to be part of the fabulous STAMPlorations team!"


Joining our 5 new recruits are two familiar faces around here: Sari, who's moving from the Challenge Team; and Monika, who's doing double-duty, as she remains part of the Inspiration Team. I'm thrilled to have them both in their new/additional roles here on STAMPlorations!

  

And returning for Version 2.0 of the mixed media design team are Asmah, Carol, Susanne, and Tanja.

  

   


Whew! Do we have an amazing mixed media team or what? You can expect even more amazing mixed media inspiration on Stencil Sundays and awesome mixed media tutorials on Mondays and Fridays! I'm just as excited as you are for the upcoming term and can't wait to see what these talented mixed media artists create!

18 comments:

  1. So excited to see my friend MariLynn on the team! You are going to love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES - an AMAZING mixed media team. YEAH! I am looking forward to SUPER FINE inspiration from you ALL!!! Very exciting. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding group of Talented ladies!! Welcome and THANK YOU in advance for your inspiration:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to everyone and looking forward to your beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great line up of talented artists. Excited to see what they make:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! A totally amazing team! Thrilled to meet the new gals; magic about to unfold...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all and so looking forward to all you wonderful inspirational projects x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations ladies, can't wait to get crafty with y'all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big congrats!!!! What an amazing line up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talent Galore!! Can't wait for more inspiration from your new artists!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the new inspirators. Some I know some I don't. Looking forward to being inspired. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Ladies
    and THANK YOU in advance for your inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)