Friday, March 17, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Monika Makes a Sunflower Canvas


Hello Crafty Friends! I am back today with another canvas to share. It is a little more complex than last month's, and I can assure you, it doesn't look anything like what I had in mind.
That's the beauty and challenge of Mixed Media, trusting the process when projects take on a life of their own.


The basis for my colour scheme came from a Color Blooms page which I had coloured using brushos and Promarkers some time last year, never daring to tear or cut into it.







I made a little slideshow video taking you through all of the steps on how it came together in the end, that's after I was just about to give up on it. šŸ˜Š
I am glad I persevered and hope that you enjoy and feel inspired by today's tutorial.


I hope you feel inspired to dig into your crafty resourcefulness and create something to enjoy  .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge. The theme for the Mixed Media Challenge is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month.


That's it from me for today.

Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used:
ARTplorations Stencils and Masks: ShuttersMy Sunshine
preview-web-stencil-006-shutters.jpeg preview-stencil128-Mysunshinemask
STAMPlorations Stamps: Art MarksMixed Media ElementsMixed Media GrungeThe Birds And The Blooms
preview-SheryRuss_ArtMarks1 SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview
Colouring Book: Color Blooms
colorbloomscover

other supplies: gesso primed canvas 20x20cm (8x8inches), Sepia, Tiger Lily, Potting Soil and black Archival Inks; London Bus and Zesty Zing PaperArtsy Fresco Paints; dark yellow Crafter's Choice acrylic paint; white gesso; arcylic medium; Brusho Powders and Promarkers for the Color Blooms page; Early Espresso ink and marker pen; white gel pen; Gelly Roll Black Sparkl; Micron 05; glossy accents; metal charms and skeleton leaves

4 comments:

  1. LOVELY. Super video tutorial - thank you Monika. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, amazing! It was great seeing your process too. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just watched the video, thank you for the step by step. Great that you kept going and trusted the process. You had me when you painted over the colour book page! Fabulous project, lots of layering and techniques...Love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)