Thursday, March 23, 2017

{Spotlight Project} More Background with Deepti!



Hello, friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am back with a card where I have used one stamp to create yet another background, sort of faux weaved background. Let me show you the card first :)




STEP 1
I stamped the brushstroke stamp in different colors to create a weaved look with four going vertical and four lines going horizontal.



STEP 2
I then did some die cutting using the edge dies and also cut out a window from the panel to match the outer edge.





STEP 3
In this step I marked the edges of the window against my card base, masked around it and inked it.





STEP 4
Next I stamped, pencil colored and fussy cut the focal image. I die cut the word smile and assembled all the pieces together to finish my card.





To finish, I added some Wink of Stella to make it all shimmer :) Here is a closeup...


I have used Scribbly Splattery Grunge (December 2016 stamp club set), Smile stamp setSmile word die, Bloom Happy coordinating dies and Art Edges dies

 SheryRuss_Scribbly Splattery Grunge-preview cutplorations-BloomHappy preview-DeeptiMalik_Smile
smile-worddiepreview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectangle
That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try.

Happy paper crafting! 

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun background. Love the stamping and the peek-a-boo blending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love the background ... great idea and I love your colour choices
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea. Love the colors, especially as they look in the sponged rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour combination. Love the blending and how you stamped the stamp from the mixed media set. Gorgeous layout and fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a stunning card - love the idea of the 'window' in the middle of the background and offset beside the image.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty background and color combo! Love those gorgeous calla lilies!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)