Wednesday, March 15, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Monika Goes Masculine With Masking And Inlaid Die-Cutting


Hello Crafty Friends! You know how I like making monochromatic cards. Today I'm combining this passion with masking and inlaid die-cutting for a masculine birthday card using two recent stamp club sets, the current Hello You and December's Scribbly Splattery Grunge.



First I started off gathering my supplies and getting my MISTI out.



Then I masked off the area I wanted to use as my sheet of paper in the typewriter.



I then stamped the typewriter in Early Espresso and masked it off.



Nest I stamped the alphabet and number stamp in Sahara Sand.



I then added spots and splatters.



And removed the masks.



I drew in a sheet of paper with a matching marker pen.



I then stamped the #happy and die-cut the word Birthday making sure to keep all the bits.



I die-cut Birthday again twice more from matching card.



I then started to put things together starting off with layering my stamped topper on matching Early Espresso card.



I then added one of the darker die-cut words.



Next I added the 'saved bits' from the the initial die-cutting.



I then layered the remaining darker and the initial die-cut word on top.



I lightly brushed the raised word with Early Espresso ink, added the chevron using 2nd generation stamping and finished off with some glossy accents.




That's it from me for today. If you feel inspired to use any of try any of the techniques I used in today's Spotlight Feature, make sure to link your project with our Spotlight Project Showcase. We'd love to see your makes.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used:

6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)