Friday, March 24, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Makes a Non-Tabbed Divider


 Hi! I here to share a mixed media project with you. I made a divider to organize my ARTplorations stencils. I hope you enjoy seeing the process I used to create it.


1. I started with a piece of mat-board and a piece of mixed media paper.
 2. I started adding color to the mixed media paper with distress ink, through the Shower of Flutters Stencil/Mask.





3. I continued adding color with distress ink, through the Shower of Flutters Stencil/Mask.



4. I continued to sponge on color using the Happy Flowers - ARTplorations Stencil.






5. I sponged gold pigment ink onto the stencil.

6. I flipped the inked-up stencil.

7. I brayered the gold off of the stencil and onto my project.


8. I added some red embossing paste through the stencil.

9. I adhered the paper to the matboard and then attached my ARTplorations label.
10. I added some gold pigment ink through the Honeycomb Delight Mini stencil.

11. I also added some gold embossing paste through the Honeycomb Delight Mini stencil.

12. I put my divider to use in front of my ARTplorations stencils.
That's all I have for today.
 I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments!

Grace & Peace,
melissastamplorationsdtbadge


ARTplorations Products:
preview-web-stencil-032-showerofflutters

 preview-web-stencil-027-happyflowers.jpeg
 http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Honeycomb-Delight-Mini-ARTplorations-Stencil-P5645510.aspx

14 comments:

  1. OMG Melissa, I LOVE your ARTplorations divider idea and had fun looking at and reading about each layer of your beautiful stenciling. I need to add your technique to my wishlist..I have the stencils already :-) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea and all the layering and colour is truly gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! I appreciate your kind encouragement. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this I have two of the stencils and am going to play today...inspiration ++++ hugs, x ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Annie! I'm hope you had a fun creative time. :)

      Delete
  4. This STOPPED me in my Tracks!! Simply Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so clever at using stencil Melissa
    the RED bold flower is STUNNING against the colorfull stencil BG
    woooowww
    I adore your idea clever lady
    I think I have to visit you in other part of Munich to learn much from you Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)