Thursday, March 16, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Acrylic Paint Background with Cornelia



Hi, Cornelia here today, playing with my acrylic paints.


My stamp supplies:
SheryRuss_LifeInFullColor-previewSheryRuss_MixedMediaElementsstmp1060.jpeg


I cut two panels of water color paper and dropped acrylic paint on them.


For one panel I used my finger to spread the paint - I'll be reserving that background for another card.



On the second panel I used my dough scraper to spread the paint. I personally like the finger method better - it gives you a bit more control.



Let it dry and them stamped the brush stroke stamps with Versamark



heat embossed in gold (WOW embossing powder)




Added the brush and the sentiment



I colored in the brush with the same acrylic paint and added some white Sharpie accents. Also added Washi tape and a glitter enamel dot.


I hope you liked this and perhaps I inspired you to use your acrylic paints, before they dry out ;)

Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA
to get 20% off all regular- and sale-priced stamps, stencils, and dies in the store.

6 comments:

  1. What fun acrylic finger painting Cornelia :-) I love your colors, stamping and embellishments. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of this technique. The results look so sophisticated and more complicated than it is. Def will try this out. Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you had fun with this card.Gorgeous colour with the gold. Fabulous inspiration...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)