Thursday, March 02, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Ombre Landscapes with Cornelia



Hi, Cornelia here today, playing with rainbow paper. I got that a long time ago from my blogging friend Doerthe from Flo's Habseligkeiten. We did a little craft goodie exchange.....Rainbow paper is something you can buy anywhere in Germany, but you can't get it in the US. Of course you can make your own, but I was lazy and that paper has been lying around and needed to be used.....





Now I really love those new landscape dies and thought they need more attention. My supplies:

 preview-CUTplorations-StitchedSpringLandscapepreview-CUTplorations-StitchedWinterLandscape


preview-DeesArtsyImpressions-NewBeginning  stmp1024.jpeg  BloomSketches.jpeg  CUTplorationsStitchedSnowHillsdies-preview


It won't require much of a tutorial. But here it is - I die cut the paper - make sure you save those tiny cut outs, in case you want to use the negative die cuts as well - and why wouldn't you when the paper is that gorgeous?


It turns out that one of the Stitched Snow Hills dies has the exact shape as the stitched spring landscape die - the stitched winter landscape die probably has its twin too, bit I did not look for it...


As you see I die cut some white card stock with the Stitched Snow Hills and used that for the top of the card, although I did not want to opening to be parallel, but you can do whatever you like best.


So I pieced all those cards together and added the sentiments.






Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA 
to get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store. 

See you in two weeks!

10 comments:

  1. Yay so kind of Flo....yes if you like it I still have my Rainbow paper Cornelia...sweet beautiful and ceeative cards...love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Love these cards and dies. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all 4 of your beautiful rainbow landscape cards Cornelia. So glad you shared. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No rainbow paper in the UK either but there should be... how striking with the die-cut! A fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guten Morgen!
    Ich habe auf FB schon deine Karten gesehen - toller Effekt! Mit wenig Einsatz einen aha Moment erzeugen - dass kannst du super !!
    Lieben Gruss Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love the colors you used, and the landscape dies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are brilliant. The winter die is traveling towards Finland as we speak... Can't wait to get to play with it!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)