Thursday, December 12, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Maria Recycles Old Christmas Cards As Gift Tags


Hello there STAMP friends! It's Christmas TIME. And I don't know about you, but TIME is the one thing I seem to be short on this month. Actually, it happens to me every year...

So how about a super simple idea that's environmentally friendly plus it delivers the goods that you need when it comes time to wrap presents?

Here are my gift tags ready to add to presents.


STEP 1
Grab your supplies - tag dies and Christmas cards (I reread them all when I take them down from their place of honor on the wall and then rip off the fronts of those that I think are worthy of a second life ;)



STEP 2
Select the areas of the Christmas cards which you think will make nice tags and use washi tape to secure the dies. Die cut the tags. But don't throw the remains away yet...





STEP 3
Do a second pass to get smaller tags from the interesting images/patterns. Note on the second photo I even kept the strips of pretty patterns and fussy cut the sentiment to use in the future.

TIP: If there is writing on the reverse just die cut a second tag from white paper and glue it to the back of your tag. You can stamp "To" and "From" if you like; I just handwrite the recipient's name on the back of the tag.




Voila! Gift tags in no time. And less waste! You can even make sets to give as gifts - color coordinated or themed (religious, Santa, etc). Easy is good at this time of year don't you agree?


I'm going to take this moment to wish you all happy holidays. And to remind you that I'd be very grateful if when placing an order you use my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off! Enjoy this special time of year and I'll see you in 2020!



preview-stamplorations-luggagetags  preview-manilatags  preview-nestingtags1
Luggage Tags | Manila Tags | Tags #1

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! Great tags! Even a great idea to add to cards you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab idea, thanks for sharing. We can all do our part for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea. I have a bunch of cards I have been saving to craft with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea and
    the tags look amazing!
    Merry Christmas.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes I love to recycle the old Christmas cards - this tag idea is a wonderful idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea; one I'm definitely going to try!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I always hate throwing away such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL upcycling!
    It's great to see you getting the maximum cuts from each card front too!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)