Thursday, December 26, 2019

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Goes Monochrome With Men's Cards


Hello, how was your Christmas Day? I hope Santa brought you lots of new crafting goodies :) If any of them were packed with bubblewrap, here's a great way to use it.




These pieces were actually in my stash, but all you need to do is apply ink or paint to the bubblewrap - I used Distress Inks, which I spritzed - then apply the bubblewrap to your card.


I gathered the bubblewrap panels and a couple of other panels, but didn't end up using the stars panel this time.

I find that men's cards aren't as easy to make as women's cards because there isn't the same wide range of generic stamp images. Men's images tend to be theme-specific, e.g. a specific sport, or beer/wine themed, and I wanted something that was more general. So I settled on balloons (everybody likes balloons) and diecut sentiments.


From the smaller panel I cut the happy birthday, and cut the backgrounds in white. I wasn't going to throw the negative away, I could make use of that!


I sponged the balloon and string with coordinating Distress Inks then added them to the card front.


The darker bubblewrap panel needed a stronger sentiment and balloon.


Here's the finished version.


Remember the negative diecut? Because I'd positioned the dies centrally on the panel, the negative was usable to make another card.


So, three quick and easy cards, and I've still got two panels to go!

If you were lucky enough to get gift certificates to the store for Christmas, you can make them go further by using my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY to get 20% off.


     




18 comments:

  1. Love the look of all of your panels! Great cards using the bubble wrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards for guys are something I struggle with. These are wonderful ideas. All of them are easy and quick. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these quick ideas for masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards using the bubble wrap. I have not done that in ages but years back when I had limited supplies that was a great use for backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on all three of your cards….how nice of you to share the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and
    the panels look
    amazing. Love
    the darker blue
    card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great cards - love the use of the negative die cut panel!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cool!! LOVE the bubblewrap backgrounds!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards. I like the use of bubble wrap and the negative die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great masculine cards with tons of inspiration, thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab backgrounds. Perfect for male cards. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS cards!
    I struggle with masculine cards and think your inky panels worked perfectly! ... lucky I am a bit of a hoarder and have some different sized bubble wrap in my "collection" :)
    Thank You for sharing and INSPIRING!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)