Hello, Craft Friends! It's Monika here today to share a fun technique which makes it really easy to achieve watercolour look stamping. The current premium stamp club set Artsy Tribal Doodles is perfect for this technique.
First up is my trial card:
I made this card to try out the technique I had in mind. I hadn't heard of it being used before hence I felt it was better safe than sorry. Here are the steps:
- Put some moist kitchen roll in a shallow tray and sprinkle with your choice of Brusho powders (I used yellow, red and leaf green), spritz with water, if needed
- randomly stamp images from the Artsy Tribal Doodles set
- die-cut your panel and flick with black watercolour to create the spatters
- die-cut the Word Die Happy in black
- stamp the sentiment using the brushos
- layer up as seen and finish with some sequins
I was a little unsure how the panel would turn out once fully dry. As you can see from the card, it turned out fine.
I simply layered it on a purple base card, added a golden Magical die cut, stamped my sentiment using stamps from the Blossom Overture set and finished off with a little heart and gems.
Whilst I was recording the video, I got a little carried away and tried the brusho-stamping with an outline stamp, the large buttercup from the Buttercups And Butterflies set. Here is the result:
Hope, you feel inspired to try out some brusho-stamping. I shall be looking forward to seeing your creations. Link your project up with our Spotlight Project Showcase.
Have a lovely day!
Here is what I used:
STAMPlorations Stamps: Artsy Tribal Doodles, Blossom Overture, Buttercups and Butterflies, Chevron and Arrows
CUTplorations Thin Metal Dies: Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles Nesting Dies, Buttercups And Butterflies Coordinating Dies, Word Die Happy, Word Die Magical