Wednesday, September 14, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Monika Stamps With Brushos


Hello, Craft Friends! It's Monika here today to share a fun technique which makes it really easy to achieve watercolour look stamping. The current premium stamp club set Artsy Tribal Doodles is perfect for this technique.

First up is my trial card:



I made this card to try out the technique I had in mind. I hadn't heard of it being used before hence I felt it was better safe than sorry. Here are the steps:



  • Put some moist kitchen roll in a shallow tray and sprinkle with your choice of Brusho powders (I used yellow, red and leaf green), spritz with water, if needed
  • randomly stamp images from the Artsy Tribal Doodles set
  • die-cut your panel and flick with black watercolour to create the spatters
  • die-cut the Word Die Happy in black
  • stamp the sentiment using the brushos
  • layer up as seen and finish with some sequins
I made a little video on how I created the panel used in my next card:



I was a little unsure how the panel would turn out once fully dry. As you can see from the card, it turned out fine.



I simply layered it on a purple base card, added a golden Magical die cut, stamped my sentiment using stamps from the Blossom Overture set and finished off with a little heart and gems.

Whilst I was recording the video, I got a little carried away and tried the brusho-stamping with an outline stamp, the large buttercup from the Buttercups And Butterflies set. Here is the result:


I die-cut the stamped panel using the medium CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles Nesting Die, stamped my sentiment and popped my stamped and die-cut buttercup on 3D foam finishing off with a touch of glitter glue.

Hope, you feel inspired to try out some brusho-stamping. I shall be looking forward to seeing your creations. Link your project up with our Spotlight Project Showcase. 

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used:

STAMPlorations Stamps: Artsy Tribal DoodlesBlossom OvertureButtercups and ButterfliesChevron and Arrows

preview-Shery_Russ-ArtsyTribalDoodles StampClub-BlossomOverture-preview.jpeg preview-Buttercups & Butterflies stmp1031.jpeg


CUTplorations Thin Metal Dies: Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles Nesting DiesButtercups And Butterflies Coordinating DiesWord Die HappyWord Die Magical

preview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectangle cutplorations-ButtercupsandButterflies happy-worddiepreview-stamplorations-magical

4 comments:

  1. Pretty results with the Brusho powders! Looks great with the outline design as well... would not have thought about trying it this way for stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and clever stamping technique. TFS your wonderful finished cards Monika. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOL technique and tutorial, FABULOUS cards too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing with us Monika :)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)