Monday, September 26, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Stencilled Mood Board by Carol


Hi everyone, Carol here today to show how I put together a mood board using my stencils.



I used a mixed media paper, a recent purchase which needed road tested along with some DecoArt media misters for this one.


I started with some background stamping using various Archival inks and the Mixed Media Background stamps.


Now it was time to get inky...I used the Big BloomFactory (large) stencil and a cardboard box which prevents the overspray going everywhere (ideal for use in a small space).....
and ended up with this...


waste not want not...I immediately used the inked stencil on another piece of mixed media paper.


It's important to allow the inks to dry completely to prevent ending up with a sludgy colour scheme!


I used the Leaf Bliss (large) stencil next, again adding the waste ink to my second sheet and allowing to dry completely before proceeding.

  

I then replaced the Big Blooms stencil and added different colours of ink, drying completely between each one.


This is the final piece...I'll show you how I used it next month! Below is my waste piece which will be put to good use with the matching stamps and dies.


I hope you like today's tutorial, I'll be along again next month with another one.
Carol x


Products used:
ARTplorations: Big BloomFactory (large) and Leaf Bliss (large) stencils
STAMPlorations: Mixed Media Background stamps
Others: Archival inks and DecoArt Media Mixers

7 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)