Tuesday, September 06, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Becca Visits with the Great Pumpkin


Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Ever since I had my first Pumpkin Latte at Caribou last week I've been dancing in anticipation for Fall. And that's why the card I'm showcasing today is totally in line with the Harvest season.


I've been having so much fun playing around with the new Stamp Club set, Artsy Tribal Doodles. It's been so interesting to see what my fellow STAMPlorations designers have dreamed up! This set seems to have some endless possibilities.


As I was squinting at the shapes in the set, I went a little crosseyed and BOOM! out popped a pumpkin face. 


I stamped some triangles for the eyes and nose and then used one of the squiggle shapes to make some teeth. I filled in spaces using a Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen in black. 


Next, I used the Crazy Double Running Stitches Nestable CUTplorations dies and accentuated the "stitchwork" with a white gel pen. 

To amp up the background, I adhered some polka dotted vellum using a glue stick. 


Handy tip: Glue sticks dry clear, so they are a great way to use vellum without ruining the opacity. 

Lastly, I embossed a SpooooooooKY sentiment using the Sketchy Alphabet set


I put all the elements together and added some fun little Halloweeny paper pieces.


Are you making things for Halloween yet? If so, make sure you link them up to our Spotlight Project gallery, where you could win some awesome prizes! 

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project. So clever to use the stamps in the way you have x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw a pumpkin face in the Artsy Tribal Doodles! Great card with such creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE!!! I LOVE all the fun little elements that you used on this. AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought you could make something so fabulous from the Tribal Doodles? Becca of course. What great imagination. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the stamps - and thanks for the tip about adhering the vellum.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card and a great use of the designs! Love the pumpkin face and fun details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahahaha. Great to see you getting your spook on. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got caught up in the details of this adorable wonderful Jack-O-Lantern. Oh my, I can smell Fall in the air...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I don't celebrate Halloween. It's not part of my (Dutch) culture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute idea--way to think outside the box with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)