Tuesday, September 20, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Becca Goes Sweet (at least with stamping)


It's true! I'm going all sweet! At least when it comes to stamping, that is. My plan for this post is to walk you through how to play with texture and put together this cute ice cream card.


It might look like this card is fussy, but the truth is that it's easy peasy to accomplish in a few short steps.



To make the background, I began by sponging some Festive Berries Distress Inks on a piece of white cardstock.


I used the Dots All Over stencil in a couple of the corners to sponge on some darker dot and add a little bit of visual appeal. 


Next, I scchhhmeeeeeared some white texture paste through another ARTplorations stencil. 
NOTE: Since Distress Inks are water reactive, the white paste will pick up some of the ink color as it dries. Non-water reactive ink won't have this same effect. 

That is it for the creation of the background! 
See? Easy!



I stamped the scrumptious looking sundae from the Sugar Rush stamp set, along with a coordinating sentiment from the same set.



Of course, I had to add a little glitz to my ice cream with a tiny gemstone "cherry". 

Has this card inspired you to try a new technique or do you want to CASE it? I'd love to see your take! If so, link it on up to our Spotlight Showcase for your opportunity to win some sweet STAMPlorations products all for your very own! 

xoxo Becca

14 comments:

  1. Love your rhinestone cherry. Lovely card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture, layering and rhinestone cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this stunning but simple background Becca
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SWEET! I love the background and the black strips with the words really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! The color if gorgeous (and it's on my wish list!). I love that you didn't have to color the ice cream (I'm not much of a colorer) to make it stand out. Love the stenciling and love the sweet "cherry" on top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at the ice cream sundae...yummy. And just as delicious is this texture-y card. Love the dots and the swirly, pinky paste. Also love your sentiment treatment. This card is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the effect of the texture picking up the dye from the Distress ink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous textural background for the yummy ice cream with a cherry on the top! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! This looks so tasty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS card!!!
    LOVE the image, sentiment, colours, textures and design ... YES, I LOVE IT ALL => THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)