Monday, September 05, 2016

CASEplorations September



Ready or not, here it comes. Fall. Around here at least. And what better way to welcome Fall than with... coffee. Right? So without further ado, may I present this month's cozy and colorful card from our own Ksenija Rizova of Sweet Kobylkin fame. If you hang out here you definitely know Ksenija's nail-it-on-the-head CAS creations - you'll find them at AAA Cards and Addicted to CAS where she is a design team member as well. If you check out her blog you can find more extravagant beauties like this one too. Or if you're looking for CAS Christmas inspiration, check out her Advent Calendar tag series - I discovered her work by falling in love with this tag last year.

So ready for our card to CASE this month? This was Ksenija's entry for the 2016 Summer Coffee Lovers blog hop. You can find out more about it here. And BTW, the Fall Coffee Lovers blog hop is quickly approaching. Mark your calendars for September 23rd.


Look at those design elements - cascading images, banner, warm colors, kraft, heat embossing, watercoloring, splattering. SO much happiness in a cup on a card! What would you choose to CASE?
Have a look at what Ksenija created for us, CASEing herself. Oh that coloring! Oh those colors!!! And I spy a page from the new Color Blooms coloring book too!!! BTW, if you'd like to channel your inner Ksenija, you might like these tips she shared with me:

Tell us a bit about your crafty space. And do you listen to music/watch TV/eat chocolate (teehee) while creating?

"I do not have a fancy mint colour craft studio, I make my cards and shoot videos by the dining table, the biggest table in our apartment. As many girls I am an IKEA addict for storage solutions. My favourite is HELMER Drawer unit in white. Every type of craft supplies sits in its drawer, Distress inks in the upper one, embossing supplies in the second and so on. When I am working with Distress inks I bring this drawer to the dining table. And yes, every time after crafting I have to clean up the table and put everything back. Music always helps me to tune into the right mood. Lately I have been listening to two albums - The Doors The Greatest Hits ( but it makes my cards less accurate, sometimes too bright) and Simply Red Big Love (this is more suitable for CAS creations)."

I'd guess she was listening to "Light my Fire" when creating this bold beauty ;)

Image Source


The DT was pretty smitten with Ksenija's colors too:








So, coffee anyone? We'll vote for a winner from the September gallery to receive a $15 gift certificate to the STAMPlorations store OR a 3x5 stamp set and two runners up to receive a $5 gift certificate. If you use STAMPlorations product, don't forget to hook up to the ongoing Anything Goes Challenge too!

We look forward to seeing your projects in the gallery below. This is actually our last CASEplorations challenge as you know it. We'll still do some occasional CASEing, but we're going to be spotlighting the new CUTplorations products with a monthly challenge starting in October :) Just keep watching!

Please check out the CASEplorations challenge rules here. The linky below is open until the end of the day September 30th. Hope to see you here.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Maria, thank you for inviting me and for this great presentation. That was very interesting to know which of my cards you liked (BTW, I love this tag also, and made cards based on it last year ;) All DT girls created so wonderful cards, I'll visit all the blogs tonight for sure. And I can't wait to see what our readers will create. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fan of Ksenija work ,specially the bright watercolored cards .Today CASE is no exception ,fab take by the team to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Amazing and colourful card to CASE. Ksenija's creativity always astounds me and I love her work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ksenija's cards are stunning, as are the DT cases! Plenty of inspiration to draw from...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Love your Gorgeous Flower Blooms CASE of your own beautifully colored and designed coffee cup watercolored card Ksenija :-) TFS your card and all the beautiful and creative DT's cards. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)