Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today with a slider card idea using the current Stamp Club set Hello You in combination with the Lacy Edges And Border CUTplorations Dies from today's release and some other favourites which I'll name as I go along.
There are two cards for you today using a slightly different way of making the slider element with a video for each. First up are the two cards:
The slider element of the first one is slightly wider and it uses a tri-folded card as base and would require you to have a large die-cutting machine such as the Grand Calibur.
In the second card the slider element is contained in a large topper, which only requires a Big Shot or Cuttlebug size die-cutting machine. I also slightly modified the with for the envelope to slide out making it easier to attach the laptop over it.
The following photos demonstrate how the envelope slides out from behind the laptop once the tag is being pulled.
Here are the basic steps on how I made the cards:
- create your base card, 20.5cm x 9.5cm (8" x 3 3/4") for the first and 21cm x 10cm (8 1/4" x 3 15/16") for the second one when folded plus a slightly smaller topper for the second one
- cut aperture using one of the Lacy Edges And Borders dies and craft knife, the cut out piece will be used as tag for the slider
- stamp the arrows from the Chevron And Arrows set on the slider tag, punch a hole and add the ribbon
- cut two borders using the same die as above from colored card leaving little tabs at each end as shown in the videos and attach
- cut a spacer card as explained in video #2 (I only used it in card #2, but it could be used for either card)
- stamp the flowers from the Groovy Shoes set to sit behind your aperture and on the front edge of your card
- stamp and fuzzy cut the letter and laptop from the Hello You set
- stamp the sentiments from the Hello You and Blossom Overture sets either directly into place or on copier paper
- assemble cards as shown in the video
TIP!: When stamping the main sentiment directly onto the card make sure that it won't be covered by the laptop once this is in place. As a remedy you can always add stamped sentiment strips.
Here are the videos:
- card #1 using the tri-fold base card
- card #2 using the topper
If you like and try the slider card technique or any other technique used in the Spotlight Projects, make sure to link your project with our Spotlight Project Showcase. Hope to see you there.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used:
Hello You, Groovy Shoes, Chevron And Arrows,
Blossom Overture, Lacy Edges And Borders CUTplortaions Dies