Wednesday, August 20, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Does Two-For-One with Generational Stamping


I thought I'd multi-task today by making two cards at once using generational stamping, so that I would have one bold card and one softer card. I'm using stamps from the new Bloom Sketches set.


The second-generation card is on the left!

I started off by inking the sunflower in Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain Distress Inks, spritzing it lightly, then spritzing lightly again for the second print on another piece of card, adding some Stormy Sky around the flowers:

Stamped Grunge Strip from Vignette: Live Love Laugh in Pumice Stone and the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black, re-inking for the sentiment on the second panel.


That dark grey blob at the top of the first-generation panel was bothering me. So I chopped it off and trimmed the bottom. And the flower looked like it was floating in space, so I needed a stalk for it.

Enter the brushstroke from Vignette: Celebrate Artsy - it makes a great fleshy stalk! I finished off the first-generation card with a mat of Mustard Seed and a few credit card scratches...

...and the second-generation card with a wash of Stormy Sky, a few dabs of Mustard Seed, and credit card scratches.


Fancy joining the STAMPlorations Bi-Monthly Stamp Club? Click here or on the link on the sidebar for all the details.



  stmp1030.jpeg  stmp1060.jpeg

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This is clearly another brilliant stamp set that I must add to my collection.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing cards Shirley. LOVE the sunflower and need to order this new set of stamps! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, these are two sunny, lovely cards using this generational technique...and such a beautiful way to showcase this amazing stamp. I've ordered my set and I'm stalking the mail carrier! Excited to get those fabulous flowers inky!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)