Monday, November 21, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mini Album of Gratefulness by MariLynn


MariLynn here today to show how I made this mini album of gratefulness.


With Thanksgiving Holiday being celebrated in the United States this week, I have been really thinking about being thankful for the blessings in my life. I wanted my project this month to reflect that. I used STAMPlorations Oh So Grateful Stamps, die and stencil bundle

I started with several different sized circles and 12 little circle tags.


I stamped the pumpkin from the set and colored the pumpkin with colored pencils.





I wanted the leaves to have more blending with the colors so I watercolored the leaves.


I used the ARTplorations stencil from this bundle (Delicate Leaves). I put brown distressed crayons on the stencil and went over the area with a wet paper towel.


I sandwiched the tags between the two largest circles. I used colored fibers to hold it together. I fussy cut the pumpkin out and layered it over the stenciled circle and added a black circle to frame the images.


Then I hand wrote what I am grateful for on the circles. Children Grand Children, husband, home, health, friends, family, faith....


When I was finished, I realized that I should have added more tags in the album because God has really blessed me and there are so many things to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)