Want to win up to $40 worth of STAMPlorations products just by creating a free store account and filling up your wishlist with the products you want? If yes, check out the Giving Thanks Wishlist Linky Party and link up! (ends 11/30)
***

Monday, November 21, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mini Album of Gratefulness by MariLynn


MariLynn here today to show how I made this mini album of gratefulness.


With Thanksgiving Holiday being celebrated in the United States this week, I have been really thinking about being thankful for the blessings in my life. I wanted my project this month to reflect that. I used STAMPlorations Oh So Grateful Stamps, die and stencil bundle

I started with several different sized circles and 12 little circle tags.


I stamped the pumpkin from the set and colored the pumpkin with colored pencils.





I wanted the leaves to have more blending with the colors so I watercolored the leaves.


I used the ARTplorations stencil from this bundle (Delicate Leaves). I put brown distressed crayons on the stencil and went over the area with a wet paper towel.


I sandwiched the tags between the two largest circles. I used colored fibers to hold it together. I fussy cut the pumpkin out and layered it over the stenciled circle and added a black circle to frame the images.


Then I hand wrote what I am grateful for on the circles. Children Grand Children, husband, home, health, friends, family, faith....


When I was finished, I realized that I should have added more tags in the album because God has really blessed me and there are so many things to be thankful for.

4 comments:

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...