Thursday, November 17, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Go Vintage with Deepti!


Hello, friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. The new stamp club set, Life in Full Color, is so versatile, you can go vintage to modern. This will allow you to get creative in any style. I chose to go vintage this time. Here's a look at my finished card...


STEP 1
I die cut the watercolor panel using one of the edge dies :)


STEP 2
 Then I stamped the sentiment on the panel multiple times to create my background. I then water colored it using some Antique linen Distress ink.




STEP 3
I stamped and water colored the brush. I also stamped some flowers and leaves around the brush.





STEP 4
I did some more water coloring to distress the edges of the panel and added some white pigment around the brush to lighten the text in the background. I also used my fine tip black marker to add some details on the brush and the flowers.



I then assembled this card on the card base. Here's how my card looks up close:


And one more:



I have used Life in Full Color (October/November 2016 stamp club set), Frames and Flowers, and Art Edges Dies


That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

7 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)