Tuesday, November 01, 2016

{Spotlight Project} Becca's Cards are for the Dogs


Hope you all aren't having a ruff day today. No bones about it, my day is going swell because I got to play around with The Bee's Knees Pets set which combines adorable critters with puns!


I'm going to walk you through just what I did so you can get your paws on your crafting supplies and make one for yourself! 


I created two different cards for this set: one that's all romantical and one that celebrates a birthday. 

First up, I stamped two puppers. I tried to make it seem like they were relating to each other.



Next, I used some Spectrum Noir markers and colored in the doggies to make them look like Yellow Labradors. I used 3 shades of yellow alcohol markers to achieve a nice blend.



Then I used a light shade of green in the foreground to create a grassy effect.



Underneath the teeny yappers, I added a darker green and blended it out to create a shaded effect.



For the birthday card, I added a hat from the Dee's Artsy Impressions Party Mates set and then I sponged around the edges with some brown ink to add some brown shading. 



I added some patterned paper and stamped a sentiment from the same Pets set to finish off the birthday card.


For the lovey-dovey card, I added a little heart gem and some baker's twine, along with a digital sentiment I created.


Well that's all from me today! I'd love to see what you're creating with alcohol markers or animals. If this card inspired you, don't forget to link up to our Spotlight Project gallery.

11 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)