Tuesday, September 18, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monika Plays With Crayons



Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today sharing a project inspired by one of the sentiments from the Art Expressions stamp club set. Somewhere in my stash there was a box of crayons wanting to come out to play, here is the result:




Not that I did use the whole box of crayons to create my card, but it was close enough.

I started off by stamping a border on mixed media card using the crayon stamp. The texture from the mixed media card would provide a good key for the crayons.



Next I did a bit of colouring and scribbling before heating the scribbled wax with my heat tool.



I then added a second layer of crayon scribbles and heated again. I simply repeated the process of colouring and heating until I got the desired effect.



I felt that I wanted to remove the little flecks hence I used a piece of kitchen roll to wipe them off.



To finish I trimmed the card to size, stamped and heat embossed my sentiment and layered on a blue base card to finish.




That's it from me for today. If you feel like giving melted crayon colouring a go or make a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:

5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)