Friday, December 21, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Advent Triple Tag by MariLynn



MariLynn here. I have a fun Advent Triple Tag Mixed Media project to share with you. I thought it would be a fun way to count down to Christmas. I remember making paper chains when I was in grade school. This gives it a little bit of new twist. I hope it inspires you to create. If you want to make it but don't need the 25 days countdown. You could make with less strips of paper.



I used a gelli plate, acrylic paint and ink to make several pages of mono-printing. I used the Fairy Tale Forest stencil.



Each page has a unique look but since I used the same paint they all coordinate.



  I cut 25 strips that were 1"x4"



There are 2 lists you can write on the slips of paper: Names of Jesus or Act of Kindness. I chose the Names of Jesus. I wrote a different name and scripture on each strip.


Names of Jesus
  1. Almighty One- Revelations 1:8
  2. Alpha-Omega - Revelations. 22:13
  3. Bread of Life - John 6:35
  4. Cornerstone - Psalm 118:22
  5. Good Shepherd - John 10:11
  6. Great High Priest - Hebrews 4:14
  7. I Am - John 8:58
  8. Immanuel - Isaiah 7:14
  9. Victorious One - Revelations 3:21
  10. King of Kings - Revelations 17:4
  11. Lord of Lords - Revelations 17:4
  12. Lamb of God - John 1:29
  13. Messiah - John 1:41
  14. Mighty God - Isaiah 9:6
  15. Prince of Peace - Isaiah 9:6
  16. Redeemer - Job 19:25
  17. Risen Lord - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
  18. Savior - Luke 2:11
  19. Son of Man - Luke 19:10
  20. Resurrection - John 11:25
  21. The Door - John 10:9
  22. The Way - John 14:6
  23. The Truth - John 8:32
  24. The Light of the World - John 8:12
  25. Jesus - Matthew 1:21
Act of Kindness
  1. Cook a meal for someone.
  2. Send a card to an old friend
  3. Shut off computer and phone and be present
  4. Give a hug
  5. Offer to babysit for free
  6. Take someone to the movies
  7. Bring donuts to work
  8. Leave a positive note on a post-it note
  9. Buy coffee for the next person in line.
  10. Leave quarters at the laundrymat
  11. Take flower to a nursing home
  12. Give a compliment to someone
  13. If you encounter someone in service who is especially helpful, take 5 mins to let their manager know they are doing a good job.
  14. Let the person behind you in line at grocery store go first
  15. Smile at someone
  16. Help someone take a photo
  17. Send  thank you cards to your local police and fire stations.
  18. Carry a $5 gift card and give it to someone in need
  19. Take some food to your local food pantry
  20. Donate a bag of diapers to a homeless shelter
  21. Donate some dog and cat food and litter to an animal shelter
  22. Bake  a plate of cookies for a neighbor
  23. Leave a large tip for waiter or waitress
  24. Take a friend to lunch
  25. Call your mom or dad


I used Christmas Icons - Nativity and  Tag O' Coffee Die for the tags.



I layered the tags



I added a cheesecloth layer



Added my top layer and tied with twine.



I fussy cut the Nativity die apart and added glitter to the star.



I took the strips and made a paper chain and connected the paper chain to the triple tags.





Here is my advent triple tag hanging on the wall in my kitchen.


2 comments:

  1. Marilynn - what a fabulous project you created - like the strips with the scriptures and that it is hanging in your kitchen too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea and so well constructed MariLynn. Love the colours you have used and the gelli prints are gorgeous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)