Tuesday, December 18, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Maria Conveys Positive Vibes


Howdy STAMP friends! One last project from me for this year. And I was thinking Spring! Who wouldn't with the new Stamp Club stamp, Positive Vibes?


Incorporated some groovy ink blending with a design that seems popular around the internet lately - little critters or scenes peeking out of die cut windows. You don't need a fancy die to get this look. You can create the windows in a panel with any dies/shapes you own.


STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - Two circle dies since the images I chose to use seemed to work well with a circle shaped window, Distress Inks and daubers and the Positive Vibes stamp set.




STEP 2
Cut a panel of Neenah white CS to card size and placed my images where I wanted them.




STEP 3
Placed the circle dies where the images would be peeking through and die cut the panel. Then I traced the circles onto the cardbase with a pencil.





STEP 4
Used my MISTI to stamp the images onto the cardbase a couple times with Versafine black and then once with Versamark so I could apply embossing powder.





STEP 5
Applied clear embossing powder and heat embossed the images. This is my favorite way to get black embossing without using black embossing powder which always seems to stray to unwanted areas of my card.





STEP 6
Here you can see how I applied the Distress Inks for that groovy look. Used a finger dauber and started with Dried Marigold in the center, then Worn Lipstick and finally Broken China. Applied with a light circular motion. The overlapped areas yield those orange and purple tones. Groovy!




STEP 7
I decided that the card needed something more, so put the cardbase with the window panel over it into my MISTI and aligned a few of the other stamps, which I then stamped in black onto the window panel for more depth.


Here's the final card again.


Hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Should you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, like using die cut windows to highlight your stamped images, be sure to hook up at our Spotlight Project Showcase
And should you find yourself placing an order soon, I'd love it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off! That's it for me this year. I wish you and yours happy holidays!

3 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)