Wednesday, December 05, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Letter Pressing For Quick Christmas Cards With Deepti


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to a spotlight feature. I am sure we all are looking for ways to make quick but pretty Christmas cards. Today I am sharing the letter press technique to make some easy cards, its a great technique for multiples. Let me show you...




Step 1 - So for this one I picked up a few Christmas Phrase dies and Icon die. I then die cut multiples of each of these.



Step 2 - Next I glued all these together to give a chipboard like thickness.


Step 3 - I then cut out a few neutral panels of card stock and letter pressed these. Basically. I used these chipboard like sentiments and sandwiched them with panel and run through my Cuttlebug machine. For my Cuttlebug Sandwich I used A plate - C plate - Foam sheet - card stock panel - Die cut sentiment - B Plate. I made multiples of these.




Step 4 - Next I tore the lower edge of each letter pressed panel and paired it with patterned paper.



Step 5 - I added some embellishments. Some Wood veneers to my design, I inked those for a desired color.


Since it was experimental, I have concluded that thicker the sentiment the better and thicker the panel on which you letter press the better. Like if you compare first and second cards below, you will see the panel is more wobbly in the first, it's because the card stock is of lesser weight. However the grey card stock is 110lb. That gives better results.

Here is a look into each card one more time...









That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try.

Happy paper crafting!

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)