Tuesday, December 04, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monika Makes A Skinny Card


Hello STAMPlorations Friends! Today I'm taking you through the process of how I made a one-layer skinny card with matching envelope. I don't know about you, but I like skinny cards yet don't make them often enough.

I like their elegant look, and the new Positive Vibes stamp club set is perfect for this particular card format.



One of the bloom stamps from the set reminded me of a sun and it became the inspiration for my card. I started off by cutting a piece of card 15 cm x 20.5 cm (approx 6" x 8"}, scored it in half to make my 7.5 cm x 20.5 cm (3" x 8") folded base card.


I arranged my stamps, stamped them using Versamark ink and gold embossed them.

TIP!: Immediately after the heat embossing, I placed the card back in my stamping tool and weighed the card down with the magnets to help it stretch and keep flat.


I then coloured my 'sun' with brush markers.


For my envelope, I cut a piece of sketch paper to measure 23 cm x 17 cm (approx 9 1/2" x 7") and scored 1 cm (1/2") in down each of the short ends and down the length at 6.5 cm and 14 cm (approx 2 1/2" and 5 1/2")


I trimmed back the corners as shown below using my craft knife and steel ruler.


I then rounded the visible corners and decorated the front of my envelope.


I assembled the envelope as shown.


The envelope is a nice snug fit for my one-layer card. I am planning on using a thin line of glue when I come to seal it. Double sided tape, of course, would work too.


Here is a last look at my finished combo.



That's it from me for today. If you feel like making a skinny card or a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:

Positive VibesWanderlust Hipster Icons
preview-PositiveVibes 0preview-WanderlustHipsterIcons

Fancy getting an extra 20% off the store prices, you know that you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. Have fun browsing and playing with STAMPlorations' wonderful products!

4 comments:

  1. I have not made any cards like this but now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shaped card - thanks for the inspiration
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a long time since I made a Long card, thanks for the instructions for both the card and the envelope. your card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)