Friday, December 07, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Dreams Take Flight ATC Set by Sanna


Hello everyone, it's Sanna here today with this months mixed media tutorial. Today I'd like to share a Artist Trading Card set and the steps, how I created them, with you. Here is what I made:




And now to the steps:

I started with a pink spray ink misted white paper piece on which I placed the Foiled stencil. I then applied watermark/embossing ink thru the stencil onto the paper and then poured a layer of Sticky Embossing Powder over the inked areas.



After heat setting the powder I took some foil sheets (gold) and pressed them onto the sticky areas. The foil sticks to the sticky embossing powder and leaves a nice gold foil surface onto the embossed powder areas.



Next I took the Feathery stamp set and stamped some feathers onto a piece of white cardstock, again using watermark ink and this time embossing with clear embossing powder.




After heat setting the clear embossing powder I applied red and two tones of green Distress Ink onto my working surface, misted the ink areas with water mist and pressed the paper onto the damp ink. I got a really nice and soft hued paper in the process.



Then I just fussy cut the leaves along the edges with small scissors.



At this point I cut the foiled paper into a right size and as a result I had 4 ATCs. I decorated them with border stickers (from my older stash). I love using older products on my mixed media projects. It's a good way of using up stash you necessarily would not use anywhere else.



After that I splattered some black ink splatters onto the ATCs for additional detail and dimension.



Next I adhered the feathers on place and added some Harvest Moon glitter glue onto them for a fun detail. I let the glitter glue dry a while and then took a wooden stick and scraped the glitter areas a little. This way I was able to remove any concentrated glitter and smoothen it out a bit.



Finally I stamped a sentiment several times onto white cardstock and inked it with a light green ink tone. After that I fussy cut the sentiments and adhered them onto the cards.




Here is a closeup of the finished ATC.




This is it from me for this year :). I hope you can take some inspiration from my project into the new year. How about making the sentiment your motto for the new year? Do the projects you are dreaming of doing next year and let your creativity loose. Wishing you all a lovely holiday season!! See you in 2019 with fun projects again :-) !!!




PS If you still need to do some shopping, do take advantage of my discount code at the store. Just add STAMPGIRLSANNA upon checkout to get 20% off your order!!


Happy crafting,

Supplies:

4 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed reading and admiring your step by step creative ATC designing photos, Sanna. TFS and for the inspiration for the New Year:-) Happy Holidays, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so lovely and beautiful artist trading cards.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)