Thursday, February 06, 2020

{Spotlight Project} Monika Adds Texture And Interest To Die-cuts


Hello STAMPlorations Friends! I don't know about you, but I've been hoarding tissue paper from packaging in the hope that eventually I would put it to good use. The day has finally arrived. I thought it might be rather fun to add some texture to die-cuts using tissue paper.

Here is today's card:


Initially I hadn't planned on using the negative die-cuts. However the tissue paper panels looked rather nice, I had to use them and ended up making four cards.


To start, I gathered some of my tissue papers, white card pieces, some dies and a simple glue stick.



I then simply scrunched up a piece of tissue paper, applied glue stick to a piece of white card and pressed the tissue paper on it to stick.

When applying the glue stick make sure the piece of card is well covered to avoid the tissue paper lifting around the edges of the die-cut shapes.


I turned my piece over and adhered the edges.


Having prepared a few other pieces, I started die-cutting my shapes and decided to use the bird and the gift. The cupcake icing will be used at a later date. In addition to the pieces on the photo, I cut some bows and flowers from gold and pink tissue paper card too.

The texture on the tissue paper panels will flatten during the die-cutting process which gives this rather nice looking marble effect.


The background for my bird card uses the Festive Bloomdala stencil sponged with Dusky Pink and Apple Green Prism ink and the sentiment from Softly was stamped in Elegant Eggplant.


A gem eye brought the bird to life.


The negative die-cut bird was finished off with a die-cut sentiment, flowers and gem.


A piece of torn pink tissue paper adds a bit of texture behind the gift and negative die-cut sentiment. I finished my card off with a pink flower and purple sequin.


I added a touch of treasure gold to the bow for my shaker card and finished off with a die-cut sentiment and sequin.


Here are a few close ups of the finished cards.





This finishes today's tutorial. I hope you feel inspired to have a play with tissue paper. The panels would be nice for use in backgrounds too. Should you find yourself placing an order soon, you could get yourself a 20% discount using my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at checkout.

Wishing you a wonderful week!
hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop:

Perched Bird DieGift Builder #2 Layering Dies
preview-perchedbird preview-giftbuilder2

Trendy Spring Blooms DiesEveryday Sentiments Dies
preview-trendyspringbloomsdies preview-everydaysentimentsdies

SoftlyFestive Bloomdala Stencil
preview-softly preview-festivebloomdala

8 comments:

  1. Nice tissue paper technique Monica - lovely work on each item - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how these turned out. I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are so cool!! I think I actually prefer the negative panels; they look really awesome! But they all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so
    pretty! Great
    way to use the
    tissue paper.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the texture that you were able to achieve with the die. Additionally, I like the card made with the negative as well! Bonus when you can get two cards from one pass with the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - loving these cards, and such a simple technique. now I am inspired to use some of my hoarded/carefully collected tissue
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)