Tuesday, June 02, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Makes a Get Well Card


Hi, Cornelia here today making a get well card using Blossom Overture, Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds, and ARTplorations Shutters stencil.



I started out by stamping the morning glory

...colored it with Inktense pencils

...then added water. Isn't it amazing how the colors develop with water?

Next I made a mask with post-it notes.

And sponged with the stencil in place.

Now what? I did something on the left that I did not like at all - it went into the garbage....

I cut the panel and dry embossed green cardstock with the stencil to give it some subtle texture. I stamped some more with the Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds and added black splatters to my panel (masked the Morning Glory, to leave it splatter free). I also added glossy accents to the flowers. 

And lastly, I put everything together and added the sentiment.



See you again in two weeks!

Products Cornelia used in today's project:

      

Blossom Overture is the February/March 2015 set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! We've got lots of perks, including free worldwide shipping, a free 4" by 6" stamp set sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and choice of 2 ARTplorations stencils ($10 value) in every stamp club package mailed out to subscribers! For more info and to sign up, click here.


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for June. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on the first week of July!

25 comments:

  1. Great coloring
    great add the splatter and that cool mixed media stamp you put there Cornelia
    and love the idea to dry embossing using stencil
    I think we can not use stencil as embossing folder..
    you give me more idea on this card Cornelia
    Adorable and clever card..I search on your post and did not found also I comment here..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Great colors and coloring. Love love love the embossing in the background! This card is sure to make anyone feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cornelia, this is a spectacular card! I love how you colored it and added the grunge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you used the stencil for both dry embossing and ink embossing, ties the whole card together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card.. love your coloring.. and I love the stencil!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool!! Love your coloring and the fun way you overlaid the stencil. Such a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the two different uses of the stencil. The dry embossing is subtle but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful choice of colors & I love using the stencil with ink & to dry emboss tying things together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - love this, especially the purple edge against the green :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that dry embossed card and the beautiful coloring! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. Green isn't a go to colour for me but it really makes the blue pop. Fabulous card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beauty again Cornelia! Allways fun to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super impressed with the way you used that shutters stencil behind that beautiful morning glory! Awesome depth was achieved and gorgeous color was used!! Way to go - Cornelia's work always impresses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smashing card. I love this kit. Thinking about putting it as one of birthday "wish list" items. Got a bit of a wait until November, though. lOL. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Cornelia. TFS all your steps. I have never tried dry EB with a stencil. Great idea for a subtle texture. Your masking worked so well for your stamped and stenciled bg too. TFS your beauty. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card; so much to appreciate; going to try embossing with a stencil

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card; so much to appreciate; going to try embossing with a stencil

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - this is soooo lovely Cornelia. I love the stencil over the flower... can't wait for my first jar of masking fluid to arrive. I tried post its and somehow got it all too wet - eeheheh - so going for the real thing now!!! Thanks bunches for sharing. j

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stencil over the flowers! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for showing all the steps leading to this great creation!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)