Monday, April 16, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} A Piece Of Cake Away Tag by Monika


Hello Crafty Friends! I am going a little 'off the wall' with today's tutorial featuring a winged piece of coffee cake. It was one of these projects that wanted to be made, no matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn't move on and focus on something else until the tag was finished.

I hope that the idea of flying cake makes you smile, here it is ...


I had some pieces of card which I had used to mop up some Baked Brown Sugar ink, the two on the left left. The right piece was spritzed with water before dropping Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink refill on it.


I made them a while ago and thought they'd be perfect for a coffee cake inspired colour scheme of shades of brown and gold.


I picked two of the pieces and cut the large tag with matching frame plus the large tag again from white card and acetate.


I then heat embossed the stars in gold.


I layered the frame onto the acetate and used gold effect medium to stencil my flower on. The medium was quite soft, a bit thicker than paint, and I had to be quite careful when spreading especially given the 'step' between the frame and acetate, but I am quite happy with the result.


Next I gold embossed, coloured and die-cut the cake, added the butterfly wings and finished with some sparkly Gelli Roll doodles


To help my piece of cake float, I cut a strip of acetate and folded it into a Z shape as shown. I have used this way of creating dimension using acetate before, you can find it in my Spotlight Tutorial here


To create the dimension, I attached the narrower tab to the underside of my framed acetate tag, added foam dimension and attached it to my star tag making sure to include some small stars for the shaker.


I then attached the winged cake to the larger tab, added my hand written sentiment and finished off with white organza ribbon, pearls and stars.


Here are a couple of photos of the finished tag.



I hope you feel inspired to create your own 'off the wall' tag and share it with us either in our 'Focus On The Sentiments' April Challenge, if your make focuses on the sentiment, or in our Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge, if you used at least one STAMPlorations product.


That's it from me for today. Have a lovely week!
hugs
Monika xxx


STAMPlorations Products Used:
        

If you want to get an extra 20% off the shop prices, please use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. I would really love you using it. Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)