Wednesday, April 25, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Introduces Layered Butterflies - Part 2

[Note: This is an extra Spotlight Project featuring Shirley's brand new stamp set. There is another Spotlight Project coming at our regularly published time of 12 noon today.]


Hello peeps! I hope you enjoyed last week's sneak peek at my new set, Layered Butterflies. Today I'm focusing on the larger butterfly stamps in the set. There's one outline stamp, and some solid and highlight wing shapes that coordinate with it.


  

  



Here I've stamped the outline image, then inked up the large solid wings with Distress Inks, spritzed them and stamped over the outline image. Remember, it won't align perfectly. A bit of splattering and a sentiment, and it's a quick and easy one layer card.



You could watercolour the wings, as I did here. A well-loaded brush allows the colours to mix into each other. If you get a bit heavy-handed you can always mop up the excess with a paper towel.



On this card I inked up the larger wings with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide, spritzed and stamped, then did the same with the smaller wings in Picked Raspberry. The spritzing gave a grungy effect, so I obliged by grunging up the rest of the card using my go-to set, Mixed Media Grunge.



You could just use the outline stamp and the smaller wings stamp for a modern graphic look. Again, I used Distress Oxides.

I hope you've liked what you've seen so far. Next week I'll be doing some mixing, matching, adding and subtracting. Stay tuned because there'll be a giveaway. If you can't wait to own the Layered Butterflies set, it's already in the store ahead of the launch, and if you use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY you'll get 20% off.

4 comments:

  1. Love all the variations with the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swooning over all the versions of your butterflies, Shirley! Gorgeous and so wonderfully unique!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...LOVE your new butterflies stamp set, Shirley. I will be ordering soon!!! TFS Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)