Thursday, April 19, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Helen Creates CAS Sympathy Cards

[Note: This month and next, we have several STAMPlorations girls guest designing and joining the regular Spotlight Project girls and sharing more awesome step-by-step projects that feature our 5x7 stamp club sets. We hope you get even more inspired!]



Hello everyone... It's Helen here again as STAMPlorattions Spotlight Project Guest Designer. I am back with a project spotlighting the Blossom Overture set.


This stamp set has beautiful flowers and sentiments that are great for making cards for any occasion. My project today is a set of CAS Sympathy cards that I created using this stamp set and the Nestled Circles stencil.


So...We're gonna do some stamping, watercoloring, fussy cutting and stencil monoprinting. Let's get started... :)



I started with creating the roses first. Using Mini MISTI, I stamped the roses 3 times with Versafine Onyx Black ink pad. Then, I colored them with with Leisure Arts Watercolor Pencils. I picked blue, purple and magenta for the roses.

After that, using small round brush, I pulled the colors to fill the images. I once in a while picked the colors directly from the pencil with wet brush to add more color for the darker parts of the flowers.

Once they all were colored and dried, I fussy cut the flowers with micro-tip scissors.


For the background, I added the stencil on a watercolor pad (you can do this on craft mat only, too), with this way, I can get a stenciled distress background for another project :)

I added the Distress Ink with make up sponge, then I moved the stencil to my craft mat.

I sprayed it with some water, and then I added the card on the stencil. Gently I rubbed the card on the stencil to transfer the ink to the card. Then I did it 2 more times. So I get 3 monoprinted cards with one spray!

You can set them aside to dry while working on the sentiments, or like what I did, I sped up the drying with craft heater.


I used one of the frames from the stamp set on the card as part of the backgrounds. I used Memento London Fog and my Mini MISTI so they would be at the same position on all 3 cards.

I stamped all the sentiment on a piece of white card stock and trimmed them with scissors and paper trimmer.

I added the sentiment and flowers on the cards with 3D foam tape and dries-clear adhesive glue. Then I embellished them with white pearl gems.

They are done... Here they are...




Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you all have a wonderful day and be inspired by all the pretty things around.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely job - your art is truly lovely TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful result, and a great way to create backgrounds too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicate and pretty effect on the background. Love the fabulous roses and how you coloured them and fussy cut them...thank you for the wonderful inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)