Tuesday, April 24, 2018

{Spotlight Post} Maria Rainbows a Puffy Cloud Sky


Hi STAMPlorations friends!  I'm really enjoying the punch that rainbows pack lately. In today's post I'm keeping it clean and simple with a touch of rainbow. And wanderlust ;)


STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - stamp set, dies, cardbase and distress inks.

STEP 2
Figured out my layout for the sentiment and palm tree to see where I wanted the "dip" of the two slopes to come together just above the palm tree. I die cut two circles from scrap to use to mask the bottom of the card and create the dip. I taped the cardbase to my craft sheet and used temporary adhesive to hold the circles in place. BTW, in this photo the circles are not in their final position!

STEP 3
When the circles were in place, I used two more scraps with straight edges to mask the area I wanted to sponge a rainbow ray. I chose to use finger daubers cuz I wanted a rainbow reminiscent of a puffy-cloud-filled sky.

STEP 4
I used the "dip" as the center point to line up my rays. I allowed the previously sponged ray a little time to dry before working on the ray next to it.

Have to confess, I did not originally plan to add the die cut clouds. I'd planned to have a one-layer card. But I used white cardstock that is very sensitive to adhesives, even temporary. When I removed the circle masks the cardbase was a bit damaged. So I opted for the clouds. And a good coat of Wink of Stella shimmer on them and the rainbow to detract from the oops areas ;) Tthe sentiment and palm finished off my card.


Thanks for coming by today. Should you try out any of the techniques, like adding a rainbow sky, from our Spotlight posts hook up your project at our Spotlight Project Showcase All of the non-retiring products are 10% off in the store til month end. I'd love it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off!

5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)