Sunday, April 29, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monica and For The Birds #1

[Note: This month and next, we have several STAMPlorations girls guest designing and joining the regular Spotlight Project girls and sharing more awesome step-by-step projects that feature our 5x7 stamp club sets. We hope you get even more inspired!]




Hi everyone, it's Monica from Taylormadecards4u and I am here today to share with you a card I created using a great spring stamp set called For the Birds. This set is awesome and has some great sentiments that come with the set. There is also a matching die set!


I started with some vintage looking paper and it also had a bird theme.



I cut the paper down using a stitched die. I also die cut the bird from the die set out of another piece of paper from the same set that had a music theme.



My idea was to create a shadow background. I stamped the bird using one of the stamps from the set using black archival ink.



I then added the die cut bird using foam tape. The bird was a little off center as I wanted the black stamped image to show.



I also stamped a sentiment using one of the sentiment stamps from the set. This one seemed perfect since the bird did have musical notes.



Finally, I matted the finished design onto some black card stock and adhered it to the base of my card. Don't forget to use STAMPGIRLMONICA to get 20% off over at STAMPlorations.


6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)