Wednesday, April 11, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monika Makes A Wonky Gate-Fold Card


Hello Crafty Friends! It's all about sentiments for this month's challenge hence I thought I'd give you a little bit more inspiration using the Wanderlust set. A gate-fold card is a perfect way of showcasing the sentiments of this wonderful set.



Rather than going for a straight line down the middle, I went for a curved one using one of the Stitched Snow Hills Dies. I wanted my card to be roughly 14cm x 14cm (5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches) in size. For the folding front, I cut a 16cm x 14cm (6 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches)  piece of white card in half using sow hills edge die as shown below.


I then sponged a piece of 14cm x 14cm card using 2 shades of blue, masking the bottom bit and sponging the lightest shade (Tempting Turquoise) for the sky before masking the sky and sponging the medium shade (Pacific Point) for the sea. I did leave a narrow strip of white for the horizon when masking the off the sky. To finish, I removed the mask and sponged the darkest shade (Night Of Navy) over the horizon.


I then stamped, coloured and fuzzy cut the boat and the island, attached them, stamped my sentiment and added movement to the water using a damp brush and white gel pen.


Next, I scored my front pieces at 1cm (1/2 inch) from the edge as shown below.


The tabs were then attached at the back of my center piece. If you want to, you can always cover the reverse with an extra piece of white card. that way the tabs won't show when the card is turned over.


I stamped the sentiment for the front on a piece of white card and used two of the Pierced Curly Frames/Tags Nesting Dies to cut my sentiment label and a red frame to fit it.


I attached the label to the left panel making sure that the top and bottom pints were at the edge and added glue to the right side as shown.


I then added the frame. You might notice that my front pieces don't quite meet which I rather liked. If you want yours to meet, simply adjust the width of your inside panel to fit.



The label easily feeds in and out through the top and bottom tips in the frame.


Here are a couple more photos of my finished card.




That's it from me for today. If you fancy getting creative putting the spotlight on sentiments or make a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our Spotlight Project Gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx



Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:
preview-Wanderlust CUTplorationsStitchedSnowHillsdies-preview preview-piercedcurlyframestags

If you want to get an extra 20% off the shop prices, please use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. I would really love you using it. Thanks so much!

8 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)