Tuesday, May 15, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Becca Makes Waves



Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub 
and an adorable paper pieced boat. 
I'll make some waves 
with watery papes 
and pretend my vessel's afloat 


So... as you may have recently guessed, I'm far more of a papercraft artist than a poet. But I am going to talk to you about a paperpieced boat, so fair warning!


As with most designs I create, I started off with a swath of ink, splooshed across my craft mat.



Namely, I spritzed some Blueprint Sketch distress inks onto a Tim Holtz craft mat and then spritzed with a healthy dose of water (from a very painty bottle, you might notice - hey... I'm an artist, what can I say?)



I dipped my paper in the inky mess and beheld: WAVES! Or at least the beginnings of them. 



First I had to cut them out using the Stitched Snow Hills dies, which coincidentally aren't just for snowhills (CLEARLY!)



Next, I stamped the adooooorable little boaty McBoaterson (official name) from the Wanderlust stamp set. I adore this set and have used it for SO many things!



I fussy cut out the boat, and and paper pieced it together adding a sentiment from the same stamp set. I put it all together and VOILA! 



This might legitimately be my favorite card I have ever made. It' so adorbs and can be used for so many different things. 

Thanks for popping by all!

3 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)