Thursday, May 24, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Chris Uses the Hidden Inlaid Die Cut Technique

[Note: This month, we have several STAMPlorations girls guest designing and joining the regular Spotlight Project girls and sharing more awesome step-by-step projects that feature our 5x7 stamp club sets. We hope you get even more inspired!]





Hello crafty friends and welcome! I'm back with another Spotlight Project using a new to me technique: Hidden Inlaid Die Cuts! I'm using the fantastic stamp set, For the Birds, for my project.



I started by cutting a panel of white card stock from the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle dies, and sponging over the panel with a few different inks, using the Delicate Links stencil.



I challenged myself to use many of the smaller sentiments from the set. I first stamped the Thank You in the bottom corner. Using my MISTI, I lined up the sentiments and stamped them in grey ink. One of the stamps I would move back and forth to fill the space on whatever line needed it.




I moved my panel up a bit to stamp the next couple lines until I got to where the Thank you was. I simply rearranged one of the stamps to fill in the bottom line.



I then die cut one of the bird dies from the accompanying For the Birds Dies, centering it on the panel.




After adhering the panel to the card base, I flipped the bird die cut over and added foam squares to the back of it and adhered that in the negative space on the panel.




Here's a big tip: See those little pieces of die cuts? BEFORE you put the foam squares on the back of the die cut birds, lay the die cut back in the negative space, then you can use that as a template to glue down those little pieces. THEN you can go ahead and add the foam squares to the back of the bird die. Otherwise, once you have the birds adhered, you will need tweezers to try and get those little bits glued down, all the while having flashbacks of when you used to play that game 'Operation' as a kid. (Ask me how I know.)

Here's the finished card:


Another angle:



I had so much fun with this technique, I want to try it for other occasions too! I hope that I've inspired you to try this for yourself. If you do, please be sure to link up your creation on the Spotlight Project Showcase!

If you're interested in getting your hands on the For the Birds set, or any other stamps, stencils or dies, simply head on over to the STAMPlorations store! Want a discount? You can use STAMPGIRLCHRIS for 20% off!

Thanks for checking out my Spotlight Project! Have a great day!

8 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)