Sunday, May 27, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monica and For The Birds #2

[Note: This month, we have several STAMPlorations girls guest designing and joining the regular Spotlight Project girls and sharing more awesome step-by-step projects that feature our 5x7 stamp club sets. We hope you get even more inspired!]




Hi everyone! I am back this month to share with you another project I created using the stamp set For the Birds. My design for this card came to me after reading the Faith sentiment from this stamp set. Within the sentiment it says "the bird that feels the light" and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.


I couldn't decide what image to use for my design, so I decided to create four note cards. To begin, I pulled out my Rays stencil from Tim Holtz and added added some distress paint Mustard seed over my stencil. When I am making sets, I usually do the same step for each card. It makes the assembly line go much smoother. 



Stenciling all four of my cards all at the same time gave my first cards time to dry. I was planning on stamping over my paint, so i needed to ensure the paint was completely dry.



I then added some washi taype and outlined it with a black distress crayon. I also added some orange distress crayon to my rays and smeared it in with a wet baby wipe.

The washi tape created a nice perch for my birds so that they didn't look like they were floating in air. I first stamped the sentiment on all four cards. I used my stamping platform which made the stamping go very quickly.



Then I stamped each card with a different bird image. I love how each card is a bit unique, but they create a great note card set.


Don't forget to use STAMPGIRLMONICA to get 20% off over at the STAMPlorations store.


Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)